Dear UrbanDirect Customers,
We would like to assure you as our valued customers that our health and safety protocols are of utmost importance to us. Our measure of food quality has and always will be of the highest standard. Our sister company UrbanFoods, who handles all our food sourcing, packing, packaging and delivery have passed the pre-audit of the FSSN 22000 Food Management Quality Audit. FSSN 22000 is one of the highest quality accreditations for food management in the world. FSSN 22000 provides us with a trusted brand assurance platform to manage our quality. This includes:
• Our standard operations ensure team members wear the proper protective wear, masks, hairnets and gloves while handling food.
• Cleaning / Hygiene stations are placed around the warehouse.
• The cold chain is adhered to, which ensures the freshness of the produce.
• Packaging areas are within a refrigerated, temperature-controlled cold rooms.
• Delivery vehicles are refrigerated.
• Delivery team members also follow a hygiene standard on delivery.
• The packaging used is also within the quality standards prescribed.
• Employee temperature checks are completed.
All prevention measures possible are being implemented to contribute to reduce the COVID-19 concerns. We have put additional safety checks in place across our supply chain to ensure our operations adhere to the abovementioned standard.
HEALTH AND SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER ONE CONCERN.
Our fulfilment centre, UrbanFoods, sources the best and highest quality ingredients from local farmers and markets that meet the abovementioned quality standards.
Our delivery vehicles follow a tight cold chain protocol to ensure you receive produce in the best condition. Our quality packaging further ensures food is delivered fresh to your front door.
We recognise the importance of making sure the produce delivered to your door abides by the World Health Organisation’s recommendations of limited contact to reduce the risk of viral transmission.
OUR SERVICE WILL CONTINUE.
We use our own delivery vehicles. This means we can control implementation of this high standard of transmission protocol. We will continue to provide you with the high quality of service and products you are accustomed to.
If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact our service department at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 011 440 2678.